Click any thumbnail to view high resolution fullsize image w/ addition details (where applicable)
• Disconnect the negative battery cable.
• The EVAP purge valve is located on the driver side firewall to the left of the brake booster and master cylinder.
• Disconnect the electrical connector from the right of the valve and the small vacuum line from the bottom.
• Next, remove the EVAP purge lines. The white and green quick connect fittings are removed by pushing in the tabs with two fingers while pulling downwards. Some finesse and side-to-side movement may be required to wiggle the fittings loose, as you do not want to break the fragile tabs.
• With the EVAP lines, vacuum line, and electrical connector disconnected, the EVAP valve can be removed and replaced - the two screws are removed with an 8 mm socket. Installation of the new EVAP purge valve is reverse.